If you are looking for a lightweight sleeping pad, but you will not compromise on comfort, durability, insulation or ease of use, look no further. The Air Sprung Cell™ design delivers stability and support, while our lamination and weld quality set new standards for reliability. Thermolite® and Exkin Platinum® insulation deliver performance that is tested in the Swiss Federal Material Labs (EMPA) to give an R-Value of 3.3, perfect for late spring through early fall camping. The patented multi-function valve and pump integrated into the stuff sack mean effortless inflation and deflation.
Read about the care and use of your Sea to Summit Air Mat HERE
Is the Ultralight Sleeping Mat...?
Really comfortable being only 2” thick? Yes. Thickness is not the key factor in an air mattress; the number of points of suspension is. Your body weight is supported by 181 individual air-filled pockets (size Regular)
Insulated well to protect me from the cold air and ground temps? Yes. Two types of insulation prevent radiant and convective heat loss – the mats have a tested R-Value of 3.3, and the lack of internal air movement means minimal loss of warmth compared to other designs.
Noisy when I shift around in my sleep? No. The reflective material (Exkin Platinum®) and the outer laminate material are both very quiet. Your tentmate will thank you in the morning.
Which Air Mat should I choose?
The Ultralight offers a good level of comfort and insulation at a relatively low weight. If you would like even more comfort and three to four season performance, you may move up to the Comfort Light. Need yet more support and warmth? The Comfort Plus may be the way to go.
All Sea to Summit Air Sprung Cell mats offer unmatched durability and reliability.
Our blog post "Which Mat Should I Choose" has some helpful tips on picking the perfect air mat (or reasons why you might prefer a Self-Inflating mat).
- R-Value of 3.3 – sufficient warmth for late Spring to early Fall camping.
- Exkin Platinum® fabric and Thermolite® insulation are combined to prevent heat loss.
- Multi-function valve for fast and easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure.
- The strongest face fabric and lamination available in a backpacking air mat. It’s about tough love – we build things tough, so you will love them.
- An anti-microbial treatment is added to the liquid extrusion TPU lamination to prevent delamination/mold issues caused by moist air trapped inside the mat.
- Comes with a quality stuff sack which doubles as a pump, a repair kit containing six self-adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve insert.