For the ultralight enthusiast, the Ultralight™ Self Inflating mat will add the promise of a comfortable sleep to your pack, without a lot of weight or bulk. Delta Core-V™ technology is used to remove small sections of foam without sacrificing comfort. The silicone grip print embossed on the mat ensures you and your sleeping bag stay on the mat. For the ultralight adventurer, pack up is super easy with the patent pending multi function valve that allows you to roll up the mat without air trying to sneak back in as you go. Ideal for gram counters who like to sleep comfortably.
Our blog post "Which Mat Should I Choose" has some helpful tips on picking the perfect air mat (or reasons why you might prefer a Self-Inflating mat).
Is the Ultralight Self-Inflating Sleeping Mat...?
Different from other lightweight self-inflating mats? Yes. The Delta Core-V technology reduces the weight and packed volume compared similar 1”-thick self-inflating mats.
Insulated well enough for extended three-season temperatures? Not really. The Ultralight SI Mat has a tested R-Value of 2.6 – suitable for late Spring to early Fall.
Small enough when packed to use for backpacking? Yes. The packed size of 5” x 11” (Regular) will fit into almost any pack. Performance/Comfort-oriented backpackers may prefer an air mat – see below.
Regular: 19 oz ≈ Lighter than a carton of eggs
Packed Size Comparison
Similar to a roll of paper towels
2 Seasons: Perfect for late spring to early fall, except at altitude
Woven 30D polyester face fabric chosen for its light weight and strength
- R-Value of 2.6 - Sufficient warmth for late Spring to early Fall camping. Click here to learn about the new ASTM R-Value test standard.
- Flip-over multi-function valve for fast and easy inflation, deflation and fine tuning of air pressure
- Woven 30D polyester face fabric chosen for its light weight and strength
- Silicone print prevents your sleeping bag from slipping on the mat, or the mat slipping on the tent floor
- Utilizes Delta Core-V technology, which keeps body contact areas warmer while still offering great support and packability
- Supplied PillowLock patches keep your Sea to Summit pillow firmly attached to the mat
- Size XS available for minimalists – use your pack under your lower legs for a super-packable, relatively low-cost ultralight sleeping solution