Position Title: Warehouse Manager
Sea to Summit, an outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO, is currently seeking an effective and motivated individual to join us as the Warehouse Manager. This position is responsible for planning, controlling and directing all activities necessary for the optimal operation of our warehouse. They will oversee the receipt, storage, value-added servicing and shipping of a wide variety of products in a high volume distribution center with the goal of ensuring our sales targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and efficiently.
Sea to Summit is recognized as a team of hard-working, passionate and customer-focused individuals; we expect the person in this role to share our culture and to be focused on customer service as it relates to peers, vendors and managers of the company.
- Overall planning, organization and control of all warehousing and shipping operations in a high volume environment
- Strategically manage the warehouse in alignment with the company’s goals, policies and vision
- Execution of new automated, computerized warehouse systems and provide input on how these processes can be most productive and utilized to their fullest capacity
- Oversee picking, packing, receiving, shipping, quality control, value-added services, inventory control and distribution activities
- Plan work schedules, assign tasks and projects appropriately and appraise results
- Ensure that the physical layout of the warehousing, shipping and receiving areas are optimized and efficient
- Keep stock control systems up to date, reconcile with Warehouse Management Systems and SAP ERP and plan for future capacity requirements
- Manage all warehouse personnel issues such as recruitment of new staff, training, performance evaluations and discipline.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork among your staff to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with other departments to ensure prompt and accurate fulfillment of orders
- Initiate new procedures to improve and optimize the warehouse operations
- Make sure that all vendor compliance handling and shipping requirements are accurately adhered to
- Set and track performance goals for improving accuracy and efficiency of processing customer orders
- Liaise with suppliers and transportation companies to ensure we are receiving the best rates and service
- Maintain high standards of workplace health and safety and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock
- Prepare annual departmental budget and monitor labor and other expenses throughout the year to ensure costs are within or under budget
- Ensure all warehouse equipment is operational and that planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment is carried out
- Some “hands on” warehouse responsibilities such as forklift driving/loading or other duties as needed
- 5+ years in warehouse environment with at least 3 years of management/supervisory experience
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or similar; offsetting work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- Solid expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Strong knowledge of warehouse management software and databases (WMS, SAP or other systems)
- Experience with automated receiving, warehousing and shipping processes
- Proven ability to initiate and implement process improvements
- Excellent leadership skills and ability manage staff
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven track record in hiring, supervising and training warehouse employees
- Advanced knowledge of stock replenishment and monthly inventory reporting
- Knowledge of warehouse safety standards and clean track record of safety compliance
- Experience with negotiating costs with freight companies as well as experience with FedEx, UPS, and LTL shipping methods
- Experience with managing budgets and ability to create and maintain various management reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Forklift certification is preferred
Pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer paid pensions, paid time off, holiday pay, volunteer time off and a casual, dog-friendly work environment.
Please send a resume, cover letter and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.