A Boulder-based outdoor gear company is looking to hire a warehouse position that will primarily be involved in day-to-day order picking and packing. This position plays a key role in the accurate and efficient shipping of our products to our customers, however, daily responsibilities may change depending on the shipping priorities and warehouse functions needed on the day. The ideal candidate would have strong attention to detail, be reliable, a quick learner and enjoy working in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly and accurately picks or pulls customer orders by stated size, color and quantities specified on the pick ticket and deliver completed order to the packing area
- Ensure that pick bins are re-stocked as needed throughout the day
- Use RF guns and other electronic equipment as necessary.
- Pack product into shipping cartons in a manner that is efficient, easy for the recipient to unpack and that minimizes damage during shipping
- Stages or transports orders as required to either the shipping line or to the dock using appropriate equipment
- May be required to help with unloading and receiving inbound shipments of product and then moving these pallets or cartons to their assigned location in the warehouse
- Maintains clean and orderly workspaces including keeping pick aisles clear of empty cartons, packing material and other debris, stocking empty boxes in an organized manner at each packing station, empties the trash and recycle bins as needed, sweeps and tidies work areas at the of each day.
- Participates in inventory cycle counts and physical inventories as directed
- Helps with the relocation of non-inventory items as needed
- Operates any material handling equipment following established safety guidelines
- Assists in maintaining the overall organization, security, and safety of the warehouse
The ideal candidate will:
- Have some warehouse, distribution or shipping experience.
- Have the ability to perform tasks under pressure and within a deadline driven environment
- Be able to perform detail-oriented work to ensure proper items and quantities are picked to arrive at customers in good condition.
- Be able to accurately follow directions and to quickly learn new procedures
- Need basic math and reading skills and will possess good oral communication skills
- Work well in a team and bring a positive attitude to it.
- Be reliable and have a solid work ethic, taking pride in what they do.
- Should be able and willing to perform physical work including extended periods of standing, walking, lifting, reaching and bending over. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
This is a seasonal position through approximately August, with the possibility of moving into full-time w/ benefits; our business hours are 8:30AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday. Pay range is competitive and increases at 30 and 60 days from start date.