Position Title: Purchasing Manager
Sea to Summit is a growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award winning backpacking, camping, paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with.
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join our team. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing demand projections and maintaining inventory levels to meet demand while preventing overstocks and obsolescence. Our ideal candidate will be highly analytical and has a proven record of managing inventory through efficient and accurate purchasing. This involves close communications with the Sales, Customer Service Teams, Operations and Logistics members, International Offices and the executive team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage current and future stock levels to achieve financial and customer service goals
- Work closely sales team to establish annual and season sales forecasts
- Analyze current sales, stock trends, excess inventory and communicate to sales, customer service, warehouse and executive teams
- Manage “Open to Buy” and purchasing budget
- Create and submit monthly orders to Perth office using planning tools, Open to Buy, inventory analysis and manage purchase orders in SAP
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to provide product and samples for tradeshows, meetings and other necessary product related information
- Work as liaison between North American sales, operations team and Perth / China offices for all products and related material
- Manage orders and inventory for all POS displays
- Work closely with management and executive teams to strategically plan short and long term company goals related to product and merchandise management
- Work closely with Import/Export Supervisor regarding inbound and expedited shipments timelines based on sales needs
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship utilizing clear and direct communication with team members at the Perth and China offices related to orders, product and payments
- Create metrics to set department goals and measure results on a quarterly basis
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in purchasing and inventory analysis with a high SKU count and dollar volume in a wholesale or retail environment
- BS/BA in business administration or relevant field
- Strong ability to adapt to frequent change in a fast-past environment while handing multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent communication skills written and verbally across the company and with international team with awareness of cultural and language differences
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment to excellence
- Excellent organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and competing deadlines
- Strong budget management skills and familiarity with sales forecasting, tracking and metrics
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Experience with data base systems (SAP, etc) and ability to extract and analyze data to communicate to sales, service and executive teams.
- Outdoor Industry experience a plus
To apply for the position, please submit your resume, cover letter and pay requirements to email@example.com.