Sea to Summit is a growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award-winning backpacking, camping, paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with.
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced sales manager from within the outdoor industry. This person will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of our sales team as well as working directly with some of the company’s largest national accounts. They will be expected to use their creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Communication and team management skills are also essential for this position. Responsibilities include supervising the sales team and building long-term client relationships, establishing new sales strategies and programs, and delivering on sales targets, forecasts and strategic goals. This position reports to the Sales Director.
This role requires approximately 60+ days of travel per year and is based from Sea to Summit’s Boulder CO head office.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement effective sales strategies at a national and regional level
- Manage national sales team members in support of achieving sales targets monthly, quarterly, and annually by mentoring them in their strategies for growing business and helping them to coordinate their travel and special projects
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key customers
- Negotiate and close agreements with large or strategically important customers
- Monitor and analyze sales performance metrics and suggest timely and effective solutions to sales reps and/or customers that keep the company aligned with its goals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts for key accounts, top accounts, and territories
- Research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
- Ensure all sales, service and dealer marketing campaigns and product launches are executed in alignment with the company’s expectations
- Facilitate excellent communication across the sales team and other departments through regular and effective team meetings
- Regularly report and communicate retailer and rep feedback to the Sales Director and other teams as needed, including the customer service, marketing and operations teams
- Conduct thorough sales and market analysis for specific retailers and market segments / regions and deliver actionable plans to maximize opportunities
- Coordinate with the Sales Director to create and execute a yearly strategic plan and budget
- Ensure monthly and yearly budgets are achieved
- Ensure all key planning deliverables and deadlines are met
- Track sales nationally and by region and provide timely input on sales activity
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities and the ability to motivate others and create a strong team atmosphere through excellent leadership
- Proven work experience as a National Sales Manager - must have a minimum of 5 years of management experience / minimum of 2 years within the outdoor industry
- Proven track record of meeting key performance metrics in previous positions
- Experience managing a high performance sales team with high-growth expectations
- Experience managing both in-house and independent sales representatives
- Ability to understand and analyze sales performance metrics
- Demonstrable experience forecasting, planning, and budgeting and the ability track performance and create action plans to achieve goals
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and team management skills
- Knowledge of CRM software and a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially with MS Excel
- Should present themselves professionally and possess strong presentation skills; ability to speak clearly and persuasively with customers individually or in group situations
- Has a “customer first” attitude with excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Be highly organized and have excellent follow-through
- Availability to travel as needed
Pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer paid pensions, vacation and holidays and a dog friendly, casual work environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining our team.