Sea to Summit is a growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award winning backpacking, camping, paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with.
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity available for a Marketing Coordinator. The ideal applicant must be creative and highly organized, a great communicator with a high level of personal initiative, compulsive about quality in everything they do. Under the supervision of the Marketing Manager, the person in this role is involved in the coordination, planning and implementation of a variety of marketing activities and campaigns in support of the company’s strategic goals and marketing objectives. We’re looking for someone who can balance the need for daily creativity with the professional discipline to manage the administrative aspects of the job.
- Helps create, track and maintain the advertising and promotional calendar to ensure deadlines are met and expenses are within budget.
- Maintain, organize and improve our product and lifestyle image library with clear sharable internal documentation.
- Ensure that all new product and brand assets such as images, video, copy and technical specs are delivered in a timely manner to our e-commerce team and to our retail partners for use on their websites.
- Creates and posts engaging content for our social media platforms. Capture and analyze data on social media activity and report relevant metrics, trends and successes while providing feedback on improvements or adjustments to our strategies to adapt to the changing digital environment and online marketing opportunities.
- Assists with creation of scheduled e-mail communication to consumers, dealers or internal team updates.
- Screen and evaluate brand ambassador and event sponsorship opportunities. Coordinate delivery of brand assets and agreed upon gear/dollars, ensuring everything is delivered on time and expenses stay within the sponsorship budget.
- Participates in regular marketing content planning sessions, develops content cadence and strategies, and provides planning recaps.
- Coordinate tradeshow preparation including obtaining quotes, tracking print jobs, orchestrating promotional events and booking appointments with sponsorship partners, advertising reps, media contacts as well as compiling all necessary paperwork, etc.
- Gather bids and proposals from vendors for production of various print or digital marketing materials when needed.
- Supports requests made by marketing manager and the sales team to create a variety of print and digital sales and marketing collateral, photo editing, and other design requests as needed.
- Helps his/her marketing colleagues with copy editing by proofreading and suggesting edits.
The ideal candidate has the following skills and attributes:
- 1-2 years of marketing experience and/or graphic design; a proven track record in project coordination is a plus.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills and keen attention to detail in order to simultaneously manage multiple projects and hit deadlines.
- Must have experience working with email marketing platforms such as Mail Chimp or Constant Contact, as well as being fluent in best practices for Facebook and Instagram.
- Possesses excellent written skills with the ability to consistently convey the brand ‘voice’ creatively and authentically in all communications. Strong proofreading and copy editing skills are a must.
- Must be proficient in graphic design– especially the ability to edit/re-size images with Photoshop and have a high degree of familiarity with the other Adobe Creative Suite apps - as well as being proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Shopify, HTML or CSS would be a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Graphic Design, or equivalent job experience in a similar role is desired.
- Experience in the outdoor industry and a passionate user of outdoor gear is highly desirable.
This is a full-time position; pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer paid pensions, vacation and holidays and a dog friendly, casual work environment.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com if you are interested in joining our team.