Sea to Summit is a growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO. We supply innovative, award winning backpacking, camping, paddling and adventure travel gear with unparalleled customer service and a commitment to our retail partners to be one of the best companies they work with.
Sea to Summit has an excellent opportunity available for an In-House Sales Representative. This person will represent Sea to Summit’s growing range of award-winning specialty outdoor products to independent retailers. They will be responsible for maintaining and growing business relationships with existing dealers, establishing new accounts, and achieving sales targets. Sea to Summit’s salespeople provide a high standard of store level support to dealers, including assortment planning, merchandising, promotional support, in-store clinics & staff training, and product advise.
This role requires approximately 80 days of travel per year and is based from Sea to Summit’s Boulder, CO sales office.Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drive customer growth and sales in the specified territory
- Provide weekly / monthly reports to the Sales Director
- Provide excellent Customer Service
- Schedule and conduct informative and professional product clinics
- Provide excellent merchandising support to our retailers
- Regularly report and communicate retailer feedback
- Respond to retailer questions or issues in a professional and timely manner
- Provide excellent sales and logistical support for regional and consumer shows
- Achieve monthly and annual sales goals
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Three years of sales experience (Outdoor Industry a plus)
- Proven track record of meeting key performance metrics in previous positions
- Experience and talent for visual merchandising
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Should present themselves professionally and be comfortable when speaking with customers or giving presentations to a group
- Highly organized and have excellent follow-through
- Self-directed and takes initiative
- Responsible & trustworthy
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Ability & willingness to travel by car (provided by company) or by air approximately 60-80 days per year to have the necessary face time with customers and to attend various trade shows and events
- Excellent driving record
- Willing to work a non-standard schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities
Pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer paid pensions, vacation and holidays and a dog friendly, casual work environment.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com if you are interested in joining our team.