Sea to Summit, a fast growing outdoor gear company based in Boulder, CO, is currently seeking an effective and motivated individual to join us as the Data Analyst. The primary role of the Data Analyst is tasked with performing detailed analyses to inform data-driven business decisions.
Projects may span many cross-functional areas including Sales, Operations, Finance, Customer Service, and Inventory Procurement & Fulfillment. Measurable process outcomes for this role include increasing revenue, increasing efficiency, reducing costs, and improving customer experience.
- The collaborative development of systems and reporting using Excel, Sequel, Crystal, and web based development tools. Provide support and education to team members on the best means of leveraging the reporting tools that they are authorized to use, and working through any problems, either with the data or the software, that may emerge.
- Work collaboratively with business managers and leaders to identify reporting opportunities.
- Gain a broad understanding of the data and procedures associated with all facets of the business, and be familiar with all major databases and processes from Sales, Operations, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources.
- Translate concepts and information into actionable processes and creative, information-based solutions that will provide value for the business.
- Create training and process documents, as well as documenting data structures that support all company reporting functions. Conduct training, and mentor employees and teams using this documentation.
- Develop reports or other output forms, such as Dashboards, that meet the businesses information needs. This includes not only getting the correct data, but also aggregating, integrating, and presenting it in a matter that provides clarity of meaning and drives decisions.
- Serve as the initial point of contact to users for any technical system problems that they may have and serve as liaison to the appropriate support staff and any other departments needed to resolve their issues.
- Address any data anomalies encountered in their reporting processes using sound analytical reasoning and “data forensics” to identify and determine a remediation strategy for any data issues.
- Provide assistance to independent sales reps in their use of reporting tools. This activity includes documentation on how to use reporting tools, hands-on assistance, and conducting training when required. The outcome of this activity are well-trained reps who require reporting assistance only for the more complicated reporting tasks.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of various tools to enhance the Ecommerce business including customer data, Google Analytics, product sales, SEO and SEM strategy.
- Participates in the identification of new software applications needed to optimize our processes; prepares detailed specifications of the identified applications and works closely with developers and third parties to ensure that our targets are met and that integration with existing systems and software is executed smoothly.
- Act as project manager and point person for outsourced projects as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- Enjoys working in a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Experience with SQL / Crystal or other database query tools for data management and reporting.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP systems, including company operating system (SAP), all Microsoft Office applications, sales data, and web analytics and Warehouse Management Systems.
- Ability to be a team player, maintaining an effective working relationship with all levels within the company.
- Ability to rapidly adjust to changing priorities based on business needs.
- Experience gathering data, documenting processes or functions and translating those into specific requirements and deliverables.
- Excellent time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and time-critical issues in an organized and timely manner.
- Understands the impact of decisions; orientation is to the bottom line; aligns work with Company’s strategic goals & works within approved budgets;
- Ability to work with problems/projects of moderate to high complexity and cross-functional scope.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies to support a fast growing company and to train and coach others in those technologies.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor degree; offsetting work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
Pay is commensurate with experience and is competitive. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer-paid pension, generous vacation and holidays and a casual work environment.
If your talents and skills match up with this job posting, please send your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com