Are you interested in diving into the outdoor industry with a fun and hard-working team? Do you have a natural knack for engaging with people and consider yourself a “gear junkie”? If so, you may be a great fit for our Consumer Warranty Rep position.
Sea to Summit is seeking someone stellar to join our growing team in Boulder, Colorado as the Consumer Warranty Rep. This position is the first point of personal contact that Sea to Summit’s customers will have for product and warranty questions. The person in this role will be primarily responsible for engaging with consumers via email and phone in a professional and timely manner. This position will also be customer facing and the role will include welcoming and assisting guests as they come into the building. The ideal candidate has an affinity for working one on one with consumers and their product and warranty needs. They also have a passion for technical product knowledge and enjoy sharing their expertise with the goal of ensuring that consumers are genuinely satisfied (or ideally blown away) with their Sea to Summit experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Respond to consumer emails, letters, and calls, providing accurate and timely answers to their product questions, comments or concerns
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with consumers to engage them and to truly understand their product needs
- Handle all incoming consumer warranty requests
- Create and analyze quarter reports about warranties processed
- Manage all aspects of product returns including issuing of R.A.s, receiving and examining returns, logging the warranty details, and issuing credits or replacements as deemed appropriate
- Communicate frequently with internal departments for timely resolution of issues so the service expectations of the consumer are met or exceeded
- Provide answers to technical product questions and assist consumers with product selection
- Respond to all messages from consumers on social media
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Sea to Summit products
- Serve as one of the in house product training specialists
- Answer general incoming phone calls and transfer to the appropriate team member
- Oversee prodeal questions, applications and assist with orders.
- Maintain stock and availability of the employee gear library and spare parts for products
- Assist E-commerce Manager with updating website pages
- Process all returns for drop ship accounts as well as direct to consumer orders
- Interface with Australian counterparts for information about rolling changes to products
- Assist with data entry and general customer service functions as needed
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Two years of experience in a customer facing role
- Experience in a consumer warranty relations role or specialty outdoor retail sales is highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience writing concise and engaging emails
- Comfortable and professional when speaking with consumers on the phone
- Have a friendly and positive attitude
- Aptitude for learning and understanding technical product information
- Strong understanding of technical aspects of outdoor equipment and technical product knowledge
- Possess strong organizational skills and be highly detail oriented
- Critical thinking skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe PDF
- Experience with data entry in an order management system - SAP ERP or CRM is a plus
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Flexible and adaptable when facing changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve problems and bring new ideas to the team
This is a full-time position; our business hours are 8:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, 401K and employer paid pensions, vacation and holidays and a dog friendly, casual work environment.
We are looking to fill this position immediately. To apply for the position, please submit your resume, cover letter and pay requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, tell us everything about your favorite piece of gear, and why it’s your favorite. Describe to us how would you tell someone who doesn’t know anything about that type of gear about it?