Sea to Summit, an established but growing outdoor gear company, is seeking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk to be based in our Boulder, CO headquarters.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, verifying, processing, reconciling and paying invoices. This position will also be responsible for cross training with the accounts receivable personnel and providing support to that area as necessary.
Sea to Summit is recognized as a team of hard-working, passionate and customer-focused individuals; we expect the person in this role to share our culture and to be focused on customer service as it relates to peers, vendors and managers of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies accuracy of vendor invoices according to purchase order and receiving documents
- Monitors and capitalizes on discount opportunities
- Resolves purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies with vendors
- Schedules and prepares check runs according to management guidelines
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related documents
- Maintains accurate historical records by filing and organizing all vendor and related accounting documents
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports
- Assists customer sales and service with order entry
- Cross trains and supports accounts receivable staff
- Practices confidentiality in all areas of job responsibilities
- Performs other duties as directed
Skills and Abilities
- Strong data entry skills and general math skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build vendor relationships
- Exceptional verbal and written skills with a strong aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in wholesale/retail industry is a plus
Experience & Education
- Experience with retail accounts payable and/or bookkeeping
This is a part-time position; our business hours are 8:00 AM-5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Pay range is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a resume, cover letter and pay requirements to email@example.com