The Basecamp™ Thermolite® synthetic sleeping bag is for those who preferred style of camping is returning to the same campsite each evening to a luxurious and versatile sleep system. Each side of the Basecamp has a full-length side zipper; a third zipper can be found in the foot box zipper. The result is unmatched ventilation and the ability to remove the entire top section to use as a quilt.
WaveLoft™ construction allows the Thermolite® insulation to expand out into air-trapping curves for maximum warmth, and the overall shape of the Basecamp allows you to sleep in any position you choose.
Is this synthetic sleeping bag…?
Warm enough for cool weather camping or travel? Yes. The quality insulation and technical construction keep you warm even on chilly nights. The Basecamp 10°F – paired with a high R-Value sleeping mat, like the Comfort Plus Insulated, would be warm enough for Spring through late Fall.
Fitted with a sleeve to slide in a sleeping mat? No – it is fitted with something better! The lower part of the Basecamp is fully insulated to avoid cold spots – elasticated straps on the underside attach to a sleeping pad of your choice to form a roomy, cozy sleep system.
Suitable for summer temperatures? Yes. The full-length side zippers and foot box zipper can be opened for ventilation or to remove the upper section completely for use as a comforter in really warm weather. And – the main side zippers can be zipped to another Basecamp or many other Sea to Summit sleeping bags.
Learn more about choosing the right sleeping mat to build a perfect sleep system HERE
- Car Camping
- 3 Season: 20°F (comfort range 20°F to 65°F)
- 3.5 Season: 10°F (comfort range 10°F to 60°F)
- A generous shape to allow you to sleep in any position without compressing the down insulation and creating cold spots.
- Elasticated straps to attach to a sleeping pad of your choice
- High-quality Thermolite® insulation is loftier and more durable for lasting warmth.
- Full-length YKK® #5 main side zips and foot box zip provide unmatched ventilation and allow the top section to be removed and used as a comforter.
- Elasticated straps to secure a sleeping mat underneath the sleeping bag.
- Shaped hood and zipper draft tubes keep cold out and warmth in.
- Form a snug sleeping bag for two by zipping to another Basecamp™, Explore™, Ascent™, Trek™, Traverse™, Altitude™, Journey™ or Venture™ sleeping bag.
- Includes 70D nylon compression bag.