If you are new to outdoor recreation, or you only camp occasionally, the Trailhead™ synthetic mummy sleeping bag is a great value-oriented option. However, the modest price tag doesn’t mean we’ve cut corners on comfort and versatility. Like all Sea to Summit synthetic mummy sleeping bags, the Trailhead™ utilizes WaveLoft™ construction to allow the insulation to expand out into air-trapping curves for maximum warmth.
As the temperature rises, the full-length zipper (which curves around through the foot box) allows you to sequentially increase ventilation to the point where the mummy sleeping bag can be opened flat and used as a quilt.
The tapered-rectangular mummy cut of the Trailhead™ gives you plenty of room to move, regardless of your sleeping position.
Is this synthetic mummy sleeping bag…?
Warm enough for colder weather camping or travel? Yes. The WaveLoft™ insulation construction maximizes loft and results in a temperature rating of 20°F. Frequent cold-weather campers might look to the Traverse™ sleeping bag series. In cool or cold conditions, make sure you have a higher R-Value sleeping mat like the Comfort Light Insulated.
Suitable for summer temperatures? Yes. A full-length side zipper (with two zipper sliders) that extends through the foot box can be opened for ventilation or to turn the Trailhead into a fully-flat comforter in really warm weather.
Able to be zipped to another sleeping bag? No. If you are looking to couple your sleeping bag to a Sea to Summit Unisex model, the Traverse ™ sleeping bag series would be your synthetic-insulated choice
Learn more about how the individual components of a sleep system can ensure a better night’s sleep HERE
- Camping, Backpacking
- 2 Season: 30°F (comfort range 30°F to 75°F)
- 2.5 Season: 20°F (comfort range 20°F to 70°F)
- A broader mummy cut to allow you to sleep in a natural position without compressing the insulation and creating cold spots. Far more comfortable than narrow mummy bags for most sleepers.
- WaveLoft™ construction for improved air-trapping for maximum warmth
- Quality DWR-treated nylon shell material helps repel external moisture
- Comfortable 20D nylon liner fabric
- Full-length YKK® #5 main side zip extends through the foot box zip for increased ventilation and allows the bag to be used as a comforter
- Oversized draft tubes over the zippers to seal in warmth
- Includes stuff sack