Ideal for adventures where you return to the same campsite each evening, the Explore™ down sleeping bag brings spacious luxury and incredibly versatile ventilation options to wherever your travels may take you. Each side of the Explore has a full-length side zipper; a third zipper can be found in the foot box zipper.
High-lofting down and quality construction keep you cozy when it’s cold, and the zippers provide temperature regulation up to the point where you remove the upper section and sleep under it as a quilt.
The only thing which might be cozier would be a double version – and we have that, too.
Is this down sleeping bag…?
Warm enough for cool weather camping or travel? Yes. The quality down and technical construction keep you warm even on chilly nights, for example, the Explore 5°F – paired with a high R-Value sleeping mat, like the Comfort Plus Insulated, this will take most campers through all four seasons.
Suitable for summer temperatures? Yes. The full-length side zippers and foot box zipper can be opened for ventilation or to remove the upper section completely for use as a comforter in really warm weather.
Fitted with a sleeve to slide in a sleeping mat? No – it is fitted with something better! The lower part of the Explore is fully insulated to avoid cold spots – elasticated straps on the underside attach to a sleeping pad of your choice to form a roomy, cozy sleep system.
Learn more about down quality, fill power, water repellency, and responsible sourcing HERE
- Car Camping
- 2.5 Season: 25°F (comfort range 25°F to 65°F)
- 3.5 Season: 5°F (comfort range 5°F to 60°F)
- A generous shape to allow you to sleep in any position without compressing the down insulation and creating cold spots.
- Elasticated straps to attach to a sleeping pad of your choice
- ULTRA-DRY Down 750+ Loft 90% Down Cluster Premium Duck Down certified Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Vertical baffles over the chest to prevent down shift as you roll over in your sleep.
- Full-length YKK® #5 main side zips and foot box zip provide unmatched ventilation and allow the top section to be removed and used as a comforter.
- Shaped hood and zipper draft tubes keep cold out and warmth in.
- Form a snug sleeping bag for two by zipping to another Explore or Ascent™, Trek™, Traverse™, Altitude™, Journey™ or Venture™ sleeping bag.
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil™ compression bag.