The Alpine™ down sleeping bag is designed for the rarefied world of high-altitude and arctic conditions. It features cutting-edge materials, the highest quality Ultra-Dry down, and a complex construction. Expedition sizing allows you to wear extra clothing, and boot liners inside the bag.
If you are going above or beyond, the Alpine is the bag you will want to take with you.
Is the Alpine Down Sleeping Bag…?
A good choice for occasional cold-weather use? Yes. The Alpine -40°F's high-lofting down, technical hood, oversized draft tubs, and draft collar work well in really cold weather; an Alpine -5°F is designed for the extreme cold of alpine/expedition use. Occasional cold-weather users might look at an Ascent/Altitude paired with a Spark or Flame as an alternative.
Suitable for bivvies? Yes. The NanoShell™ shell fabric is windproof and highly water resistant – it will protect the Ultra-Dry Down™ from external moisture.
Able to be zipped to another sleeping bag? No. The Alpine is not designed to be zipped to another bag.
Read up on how the shape, construction and down quality of a sleeping bag will affect how well you sleep HERE
- Very cold weather: -5°F (comfort range -5°F to 30°F)
- Extreme weather: -40°F (comfort range -40°F to 20°F)
- A technical mummy shape sized to allow you to wear additional clothing without compressing the down insulation.
- An oversized foot box
- ULTRA-DRY Down 850+ Loft 90% Down Cluster Premium Duck Down certified Responsible Down Standard (RDS)
- Free-flow zipper system: one full-length YKK® #5 main zip and a half-length zip on the opposite side for ventilation.
- Expedition sizing gives you room to wear extra clothing inside the bag.
- Anatomically-shaped, oversized foot box can accommodate boot liners.
- Technical shaped hood with hidden drawcords for maximum insulation.
- An oversized draft collar which fits snugly around your shoulders.
- Internal pocket for phone / GPS / valuables.
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil™ compression bag and storage cell.