The Alpine™ III down sleeping bag is the beefiest sleep refuge within our sleeping bag range and is designed for high altitude expeditions and sub-zero temperatures. It's filled with 850+ loft RDS certified ULTRADRY Down™ and uses 3D NanoShell® for exceptionally effective moisture management. Other well thought out and technically designed features include a side zip draft tube, neck draft tube with dual elastic adjustment to retain warmth, YKK® #5 two-way zipper and a medium sized internal zipped pocket for electronics or essentials. This contoured mummy shaped cocoon is perfect for high altitude base camps, winter backpacking, snow camping, alpine climbing expeditions, and anywhere you need full-scale protection from the cold and a comfortable night on the mountain.
Packed Size Comparison
12.3 L ≈ About the size of a large bear canister
3 lbs 8 oz ≈ Lighter than a standard pillow (does not include the chocolate mint)
Cold Weather! Take this bag out in high alpine conditions in fall, winter, and spring.
Snug, but still plenty of breathing room, tapered foot box wraps feet comfortably for maximum warmth.
- 3D NanoShell
- RDS certified ULTRA-DRY Down 850+ Loft 90% Down Cluster Premium Goose Down
- Season ratings: Fall/Winter
- Hidden drawcords in a highly-technical hood and draft collar.
- Side block baffle construction secures down located in a 60/40 top/bottom fill ratio for maximum insulation
- Differential cut shell (upper), reverse differential cut (lower) allows optimum loft
- Contoured mummy fit and anatomical shaped foot box
- 2-way YKK® #5 zipper
- Includes lightweight Ultra-Sil™ compression bag, combined storage cell and laundry bag