The THERMOLITE® Reactor™ Fleece liner is Sea to Summit’s warmest sleeping bag liner. Add one to your sleeping bag before heading into really cold environments or, use as a 'stand alone' sleeping bag when the weather is warmer. The hollow core THERMOLITE® fibers have the same hollow structure as polar bear – when made into a fleece, this traps a lot of insulating air. Luxuriously soft, the Reactor Fleece is perfect as part of a cold weather sleep system – plus it will help keep your sleeping bag clean.
Learn more about which liner is right for you HERE.
Does the Reactor Fleece Liner...?
- Work for backpacking? It may. The 14.2oz weight is a very reasonable trade-off for its thermal performance, and the packed volume of 2.5 Liters is impressively small. Weight-conscious performance users may opt for a Spark Liner or Flame Liner.
- Add 32°F / 18°C to any sleeping bag? Not necessarily. There are a lot of factors involved in the thermal performance of a sleep system, starting with the insulation value of your sleeping pad. Read more HERE.
- Need special care when being washed? No! The Reactor Fleece Liner can be washed in a washing machine with normal supermarket laundry ‘soap’ and dried in a dryer, using cool or low heat. Fabric softeners will reduce wicking performance of the fabric.
How to Choose
The Reactor Fleece is Perfect For...
- Backpackers looking to add warmth to their sleeping bag for winter camping
- Warm-weather campers who don’t need a full sleeping bag
- Paddlers or desert users who want an easy-care summer sleeping bag they can easily wash the sand out of
- Backpackers looking to extend the performance of a (perhaps older) sleeping bag for winter camping
Other Liner Options
- Thermolite® fleece fabric is incredibly comfortable
- Technical mummy shape with drawstring hood
- Quarter zip makes it easy to get in and out
- Easy care – machine wash; no special soap is needed. Avoid fabric softeners & dryer sheets to maintain wicking performance
- Ideal for use as a sleeping bag in warmer weather or sandy environments
- Significantly improves the thermal performance of your sleeping bag
- Packs into its own Ultra-Sil™ stuff sack