The ultimate in luxury for base campers, van-dwellers, and overlanders, the Comfort Deluxe Self-Inflating Sleeping Mat features four inches of plush foam and a 30D stretch knit fabric on the upper surface for a luxurious warm feeling when it’s cool and cool feeling when it’s hot. The flip-over multi-function valve makes packing up the mat relatively easy – it prevents air from being drawn back into the mat as you roll it up.
Be aware - if you pull out a Comfort Deluxe for house guests, they may end up staying longer than originally planned…
Our blog post "Which Mat Should I Choose" has some helpful tips on picking the perfect mat – frankly, there are very few alternatives to a Comfort Deluxe Self-Inflating Mat for the vehicle-based camper.
Is the Comfort Deluxe Self-Inflating Sleeping Mat...?
- Insulated well enough for three-season temperatures? Absolutely. The Comfort Deluxe Self-Inflating Mat has a tested R-Value of 6.5 – suitable for even really cold outside temperatures.
- Easy to pack up? Relatively easy. The flip-over valve prevents the mat from drawing air back in while it is being rolled up – but a mat of this size – especially the Double - still requires some effort to pack into its stuff sack.
- Small enough when packed to use for non-motorized travel? No. The packed volume is similar to a folding camp chair, so the Comfort Deluxe Self-Inflating Mat is really not suitable for human-powered travel.
Packed Size Comparison
Similar in size to a folding camp chair
4 Season: You'll be ready for camping any time of year
This luxurious fabric has been engineered to provide you with many nights of camping comfort
- R-Value of 6.5 - more than sufficient warmth for any camping conditions you are likely to encounter. Click here to learn about the new ASTM R-Value test standard.
- 4" thick foam and the knitted polyester upper face fabric provide an amazingly comfortable night’s sleep
- Flip-over multi-function valve for fast and easy inflation, deflation and fine-tuning of air pressure
Utilizes Delta Core technology, which reduces weight and packed volume