The generously sized and ultra-versatile Basecamp™ options are also available in a synthetic version. This is an excellent choice when price and easy care are key considerations. These sleeping bags have the same generous rectangular shape and versatile design as the down version. They are insulated with Thermolite® that is built into the bags using a unique Wave Loft construction and helps retain warmth. The inner fabric is a soft, luxurious polyester that feels like silk for sleep-filled comfort. With multiple zippers, the Basecamp™ allows you to cozy up to your partner by zipping bags together, vent when it gets too hot, or remove the top entirely to use as a camping quilt or blanket. The Basecamp™ models have been designed to work with a sleeping mat and pillow to create a comprehensive sleep system you can really get comfortable with.
Packed Size Comparison
25°F: 11.6 L ≈ About the size of a large bear canister
6°F: 14.6 L ≈ Classic middle school backpack
25°F: 3 lbs 10 oz ≈ Roughly the same weight as a standard pillow
6°F: 4 lbs ≈ Roughly the same weight as a standard pillow
25°F: 3 Season - Built for fall and all of spring. Perfect for summer when used as a quilt.
6°F: 4 Season - take this bag out from fall to spring, perfect in summer as just a quilt.
Generous, practically like sleeping in a regular bed
- Uses THERMOLITE synthetic insulation
- 2D PermaShell™ water-resistant shell fabric
- Spacious rectangular shape
- Pillow attachment system under the hood to hold an Aeros™ pillow in place (not included)
- Two positions sleeping mat attachment system
- Zip draft tube with anti-snag
- Cushioned internal hood draw-cord
- 2-way YKK® #5 zip on each side of the bag
- Can zip to any Trek™, Talus™, Latitude™, or Micro™ (model year 2017 or newer) sleeping bag
- Includes a Nylon compression bag