If lightweight is your goal and comfort is your priority, the Ultralight Air Mat may be perfect for you. The mat was awarded Gear of the Year by National Geographic Adventure and earned Best New Gear from Gear Institute in 2014 for its innovative construction and ease of use. Using Air Sprung Cell™ technology with a single layer of medium resolution cells, this mat offers a minimal packed size and weight. Ideal for adventure racers, lightweight backpack or bikepacking adventures or anyone looking for warmer-weather comfort.
Our blog post "Which Mat Should I Choose" has some helpful tips on picking the perfect air mat. If you're looking for added comfort consider the Comfort Light or for added warmth the Ultralight Insulated.
Read about the care and use of your Sea to Summit Air Mat HERE.
Is this Ultralight Sleeping Mat...?
Noisy when I shift around in my sleep? No. The uprated outer material is very quiet. Your tent mate will thank you in the morning.
Really comfortable being only 2” thick? Yes. Thickness is not the key factor in an air mattress; the number of points of suspension is. Your body weight is supported by 181 individual air-filled pockets (size Regular)
Suitable for colder weather? No. This mat does not have additional internal insulation, so it is intended for warm to cool-weather camping. For colder conditions, check out the Ultralight Insulated Air Mat.
Regular: 13.9 oz ≈ Lighter than a roll of paper towels
Packed Size Comparison
Burrito with double meat and guac.
Summer Mat: Perfect for late Spring to early Fall.
The strongest face fabric and laminate available in a backpacking air mat. It’s a statement of tough love – we make things tough, so you will love them.
- R-Value of 1.0 - sufficient warmth for late Spring, Summer and early Fall camping. Click here to learn about the new ASTM R-Value test standard.
- Multi-function valve for fast and easy inflation, deflation and fine-tuning of air pressure.
- Integrated pump/stuff sack. Two or three breaths are all that’s necessary to bring the mat up to pressure. No dizziness and virtually no moisture from condensed breath.
- 40/30D high-tensile nylon face fabric – the strongest face fabric available in an air mat.
- An anti-microbial treatment is added to the liquid extrusion TPU lamination to prevent delamination/mold issues caused by moist air trapped inside the mat.
- Comes with a repair kit containing six self-adhesive patches for repairing punctures in the field, and a spare silicone one-way valve insert.